Dr. Xiaoying Zhuang
Sofja Kovalevskaja Group Website
Researcher unique indentifier
- ISI Researcher ID: G-4754-2011
- ORCID: orcid.org/0000-0001-6562-2618
Computational Materials/Device Design and optimization
- Modelling and optmization of nano energy harvesters
- MD model for graphene/CNT reinforced polymer
- Coarse grained model of functionalized/non-functionalized PMC + short CNT
- Multiscale model for PNC
- Phase field method for clay reinforced polymer
- Uncertainty analysis for PNC
- Optimisation for nano/micro/meso-structure of fiber/CNT-reinforced PMC
- Partition of unity methods: meshless, XFEM, PUFEM
- 3D fracture modelling: meshless methods and level sets (PhD thesis)
- Discontinuum methods: discontinuous deformation analysis, peridynamics
- Multiscale methods: semi-concurrent method for hydromechanical analysis
- Isogeometric analysis: IGA symmetric Galerkin BEM, XIGA thin shell,
- Inverse analysis XFEM + level sets for inclusion/crack detection
- 14.01.2011 PhD degree awarded
- 09.2007 - 10.2010 PhD in Computational Mechanics, School of Engineering and Computing Sciences, University of Durham, UK. PhD-supervisor: Prof. Charles Augarde.
- 09.2005 - 09.2007 MSc in Civil Engineering, Tongji University, Shanghai, China. GPA 90/100, ranked No.1 among 65 master students.
- 09.2001 - 07.2005 BEng in Civil Engineering, College of Civil Engineering, Tongji University. GPA 4.34/5.0 and among top 5% students to continue MSc study without \National Entrance Exam".
- 12.2015 - present Sofja Kovalevskaja Group Leader at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Institute of Continuum Mechanics, Leibniz Unversität Hannover, Germany.
- 12.2015 - present Adjunct Professor at College of Mechanics and Materials Science, Ho Hai University, Nanjing, China.
- 12.2013 - present Overseas Professor at Ton Duc Thang University - Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- 07.2014 - 11.2015 Marie Curie International Incoming Fellow at the Institute of Structural Mechanics, Bauhaus-Universität Weimar, Germany.
- 01.2013 - 06.2014 Associate Professor (early promotion), College of Civil Engineering, Tongji University, Shanghai, China.
- 12.2010 - 12.2012 Associate Professor, College of Civil Engineering, Tongji University.
- 05.2012 - 04.2015 Adjunct Professor of the University of Western Australia, Faculty of Engineering, Mathematics and Computing.
- 11.2010 - 02.2011 Postdoctoral research fellow, Department of Structural Engineering, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Norway.
Prizes and Awards
- 2016 Venus Award for outstanding young scientist, Shanghai Science and Technology Commission, China, 2015.
- 2015 Sofja Kovalevskaja Prize, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, the first recipient in mechanics.
- 2014 FP7 Marie Curie International Incoming Fellowship (MC-IIF), Panel Score 98.1/100, 13.6% successful rate.
- 2012 Shanghai Pujiang Talent Award, Shanghai Science and Technology Commission, China.
- 2011 Zienkiewicz Prize for Best PhD Thesis in Computational Mechanics in 2010, Association of Computational Mechanics in Engineering, UK. (1 award annually)
- 2010 Nomination for Best PhD Thesis in 2010 to European Community on Computational Methods in Applied Sciences (ECCOMAS).
- 2009 Best Paper by a PhD-student in 17th ACME Conference, UK.
- 2007 - 2010 The UK Dorothy Hodgkin Postgraduate Awards (EPSRC).
- 2007 - 2010 The UK Overseas Research Student Award Scheme (ORSAS).
- 2007 The US Lord Scholarship for outstanding postgraduate students.
- 2005 Award of Best Bachelor's Degree Thesis, Tongji University.
- 2002 -2004 Awards of Outstanding Undergraduates, Tongji University.
Seit 2011 halte ich folgende Lehrveranstaltungen (in chinesisch, wenn nicht anders spezifiziert):
- M.Sc.: Elasticity: die erste englischsprachige Veranstaltung fur internationale Studenten (Elastizitatstheorie)
- M.Sc.: Finite Element Method
- B.E.: 'Underground Concrete Structure Analysis' und 'Underground Concrete Structure Design'
- 09.2016 Invited lecturer, RTG 1642-German Research Foundation (DFG), Germany.
- 08.2016 Semi-plenary speaker, Symposium on Meshless Particles Method (NSFC), Ningxia, China.
- 06.2016 Keynote speaker, Freiberg Colloquium - THMC Modelling Session, Germany.
- 05.2016 Keynote speaker, International CHUBU Symposium, Nagoya, Japan.
- 01.2014 Invited speech, "Fracture Modelling by Meshless Methods", at Korea Advance Science & Technology Institute, Korea.
- 08.2013 FP7 ITN Workshop "Integrating Numerical Simulation and Geometric Design Technology", Cardiff, the UK.
- 05.2013 Keynote speaker, International Conference of Computing and Experimenting Engineering Science (ICCES), Seattle, USA.
- 08.2012 ISRM - "DDA PhD Student Summer School", Beijing, China.
- 12.2012 Keynote speaker, International Conference on Computational Mechanics (ICCM), Taiwan, China
Commissions of trust
- 2014 - present International Expert at the Foundation for Science and Technology Development (FOS-TEC), Ton Duc Thang University - Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- 2014 - present Reviewer for the National Science Foundation of China, Vietnam and Kazakhstan.
- 01.2011 - present Managing editor of the international journal: "Frontiers of Structural & Civil Engineering".
- 04.2014 - present Associate editor of "KSCE - Journal of Civil Engineering".
- presently Editorial board member of "Theoretical and Applied Fracture Mechanics", "Engineering Geology" and "KSCE - Journal of Civil Engineering"
- presently Reviewer for over 30 international journals including "Polymer", "Computer Method in Applied Mechanics and Engineering", "Composite Science & Technology", "Computational Material Science", "Materials".
- 2012 - present Examiner for several PhD-theses.
- 2005 - 2015 Software-advisor for GeoFBA of Tongyan Civil Engineering Science & Technology Co. Ltd (see section c).
Memberships of scientific societies
- 08.2015 - present Chinese Society of Computational Mechanics, board member of special commission on "Discontinuous Finite Element Method".
- 07.2013 - present International Society for Rock Mechanics (ISRM) board member of Commission in Coupled Thermo-Hydro-Mechanical-Chemical (THMC) Processes in Geological Material and Systems.
- 03.2013 - present ISRM board member of Commission on Discontinuous Deformation Analysis (DDA).