Dr.-Ing. Michele Marino
Group Leader Biomechanics at IKM (2017-2019)
Current affiliation: Department of Civil Engineering and Computer Science, University of Rome Tor Vergata
Via del Politecnico 1
00133 Rome, Italy
Full Curriculum Vitae (as of January 2020)
- SS 2017 Multiscale and Multiphysics Constitutive Modeling
- WS 2017-2018 to WS 2019-2020 Finite Elements 1
- SS 2018, SS 2019 Mechanics of Advanced Materials
- SS 2018, SS 2019 Finite Elements 2
Curriculum Vitae summary:
- Multiscale nano-micro-macro modeling: mechanics of biological tissue and structures.
- Continuum thermomechanics: constitutive modeling of shape-memory alloys.
- Unilateral problems: collisions and mechanics of tensegrity structures.
- Composite materials: contitutive laws, innovative design and structural applications.
- 2007. Leonardo da Vinci studentship, granted by the European Commission's Lifelong Learning Programme.
- 2014. Two-year post-doctoral research fellowship, granted by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
- 2015. Best-Poster Presentation (1st Prize) titled Homogenization methods for the multiscale constitutive description of soft connective tissues (joint-work with P. Wriggers) at the V Annual Meeting of the Italian Chapter of the European Society of Biomechanics.
- 2015. Elected as President of the Italian Chapter of the European Society of Biomechanics.
- 2019. Prize AIMETA Junior for Mechanics of Solids and Structures (Italian Association of Applied and Theoretical Mechanics)
- 2019. Tenure-track Professorship, Program Rita-Levi Montalcini for Young Researchers
Education and Career (up to December 2019)
|1984||Born in Rome, Italy|
|2002-2005||Bachelor Degree in Medical Engineering, University of Rome "Tor Vergata", Italy|
|2005-2008||Master Degree in Medical Engineering, University of Rome "Tor Vergata", Italy|
|2007-2008||Visiting Scholar Researcher, University of Leeds, UK|
|2009-2013||PhD in Structural Engineering, University of Rome "Tor Vergata", Italy|
|2013-2014||Research assistant, University of Rome "Tor Vergata", Italy|
|2015-2016||Postdoctoral fellow, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Germany|
|2017-2019||Postdoctoral fellow (Group Leader), Leibniz Universität Hannover, Germany|